Sunday, August 16, 2009

Tour de 'burbs

After the first weekend in Sydney I had to work. The fun was good while it lasted. Monday morning I started out on the train to Pymble from the Town Hall station. It is about a 30 minute ride. Surprisingly it is rather peaceful! When I get to Pymble station it is a 15 minute walk to the 3M office. It gives me time to prep for my day and unwind before getting home.
I found out the hard way one night that the trains quit running at 9:00 due to track maintenance. I had to wait for a bus (20 minutes) and it was about a 45 minute ride. It wouldn't have been bad but the bus smelled atrocious!
Really the week was quite boring. I wish I had more to write about it.
The fun started back up Saturday morning. The HP guy I am working with (Phil) picked me up at the hotel with the goal of showing me around the city. We cruised by Centennial Park, which is the equivalent of NYC's Central Park. Very large with tons of stuff to do. Next we went over towards Bondi Beach and looked at it from some cliffs on the south east edge. It is a very picture perfect beach. Most of them here are like that.



Here is Bondi Beach from afar










Bondi Beach up close





We stopped at Bondi Beach and I walked around a little bit to get my plan of attack for today's trip. Back on the road we stopped by South Point and a got a few more pictures of the city. Looking back into the harbour is also very cool. Next up was North Point (just on the north side of the mouth of the harbour). It was even better. The views get better the further north you go! The last stop on the picture tour was at Long Reef. This is spectacular! No tourists ever go that far north so it is not crowded nor beaten down. Definitely a secret spot!





Long Reef. Amazing!





To end the tour, Phil treated me to lunch at a local joint. I had some calamari, chips, a salad, and a beer. Seafood is sooooo good here!
He dropped me off back at the hotel and went about his way. I came back and took a quick nap. Seeing sights made me tired.

1 comment:

  1. I love Bondi beach... man I love reading your blog and seeing pics... isn't it Australia great!!!!

    ReplyDelete