Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mardi Gras

This weekend was a crazy one.  Last night was the Sydney Mardi Gras parade and party.  There were 135 floats and 9000 people in the parade.  They say some 300,000 people were there for the parade.  Was quite the spectacle!  I took up a window at a bar named the Local Bar.  It had great beers and fun people to party with.
The quote of the night came from a guy from Brisbane who flew in for the party.  We were discussing Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
"I would drown a puppy to get a chance to go to New Orleans!"

The best business opportunity I saw was selling plastic milk crates for $5 each.  There were thousands of them on the streets after the parade was over.  I ended up with 2 that we took on the bus.  It was a good thing because the bus was full and we needed seats!  Lost them at the next bar when the bouncer wouldn't let me take them in. 

Ended up in Bondi at a bar near the beach.  The English bloke that I was hanging out with really wanted to watch the Chelsea play Manchester City in soccer.  Ian, Teresa, Katie, and I boozed it up until the wee hours of the morning.  I caught one of the last buses out and finally made it back to my hotel (which was an absolute crap-hole, but more on that later). 

No comments:

Post a Comment