Saturday, February 13, 2010

Made it (and finally got internet)

This flight didn't suck as bad. Quantas jets (A380) are pretty sweet. That and I got a window seat with nobody sitting next to me. Hooray!
Friday I checked into hotel #1. Vibe in North Sydney for 2 nights. There are a ton of things going on while I'm here so hotels are hard to find. I have to move 4 times! This weekend is Valentines Day weekend. Apparently it is customary for everybody to get a hotel in Sydney. Thursday is the AC/DC concert so I think the whole country is coming to Sydney for a long weekend. I haven't looked into tickets yet but I'm guessing they will be expensive! Mardi Gras is kind of a big deal here too. Lots of activity!
I met up with the people I'm working with yesterday afternoon. They took me out for drinks at the Slip Inn and we chatted. It was a good time but then they all had to go home. I decided it was time to find a new bar. Next up was the Heritage Belgian Beer Cafe.
I made some new friends at the bar. Faith, Rachel, and #3 (can't remember her name). Didn't have my camera though. I'll have to take it out tonight. Maybe I can find me a valentine!
Everything seems to be going good except for the weather. It is humid as ever and rainy. Hopefully it calms down tonight so I can go to the beach tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment