Monday, March 8, 2010

And the beat goes on

I survived the weekend.  Friday night was a bust.  It rained all night so going out was no fun.  Called it an early night and got some much needed sleep.  Saturday was another hotel change day.  I moved to the Sebel and it was a nice place.  My only complaint was that an ant bit the bottom of my foot and it has a little misquito bite looking lump on it, making it hard to run.
Saturday evening I met up with Jamie, Tim, and Nicola to go to the Waratahs rugby game.  It was a challenge even getting in the door!  Jamie told me to wear a collared shirt but jokingly said shorts and flip flops were fine.  Apparently I didn't get the sarcasm through the thick Australian accent and wore shorts and flip flops anyways.  To sit in the "Members" seats you must have pants and we were to be going out to the bars after the game so shoes were a necessity.  I had to catch a cab back to my hotel and get pants, and go back to the other hotel to get shoes (left them in my other bag).  Finally I made it to the game properly dressed! 
The game was a good time.  Rugby is fun to watch; for me kind of like baseball.  We drank an awful lot of beer and were all feeling pretty good when we left for the bars.  I think the Waratahs won.  I remember it being a close game.  We continued the boozing at the bars and I eventually made it back to the hotel, something like 4:30 in the morning. 
Sunday I switched hotels back to the Metro on Pitt street.  I miss the bed at the Sebel.  It was comfy.  In the afternoon I met up with Jamie to do some work and get prepped for the demo on Monday.  The demo went well.  Hopefully we get another customer!

No comments:

Post a Comment